Last Revised: August 27, 2022
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to the Company and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: www.discountmags.com/contact.
Types of Data We Collect. We collect personal information from users, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, phone number, username and password when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”).
- We will collect payment information necessary to complete transactions, including your name, credit card information, shipping and billing address and information, as well as information regarding your transactions.
- We collect your birthdate in order to send you special offers and customized product recommendations on your birthday.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- If you sign up for our newsletter we will collect your email address.
- If you sign up for our text message offers, we will collect your cellular phone number for marketing purposes. We will take all necessary actions to ensure that we follow all relevant regulations, as disclosed wherever we market or collect opt-ins, and as further detailed in our terms of service.
- When you participate in any quiz or survey on our Services, we will collect your answers and add it to your profile.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on or through our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last name, and sometimes postal address to verify your identity. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary and in some instances are conducted by third parties. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We also collect personal information at other points in our Services that state that personal information is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites and mobile applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users' movements around the Site or Application, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users' needs.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect information from your mobile device if you have downloaded any of our Applications. For example, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version, IP address and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we (and third parties we work with) use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
(c) Information Collected via Social Networking Sites. We may create anonymous or de-identified data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous or de-identified data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Application and Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous or de-identified data for any legal purpose and disclose this data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Use of Your Personal information
(a) General Use. In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide you with Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Applications and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail or text message notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send (or work with other partners to send) newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
(b) User Feedback. We often receive comments from users about our Services. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
(c) Creation of Anonymous or De-identified Data. We may create anonymous or de-identified data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous or de-identified data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Application and Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous or de-identified data for any legal purpose and disclose this data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you; to fulfill your order or subscription for any products, services or other goods; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; to assist us in marketing the Services to you; and/or to provide other services to the Company.
(c) Other Third Party Resellers. We may use other third-party resellers in order to obtain your magazine subscription. To do so, we may need to use and share your credentials (or credentials we create on your behalf) and personal information with those other resellers. The resellers' use of the information we provide will be subject to the resellers' privacy policies. DiscountMags is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those resellers.
(d) Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may have arrangements with companies that provide our Services by way of private-labeled websites, that fulfill orders on our Services, or that offer or fulfill orders for other products and/or services (“Third Party Companies”). We may provide these Third Party Companies with access to the personal information that we collect. In addition, we may offer you access to sweepstakes, contests or other promotions presented by third parties. By virtue of your participation in such activities, information about your access to our Services, your IP address, your ISP, the browser you use to visit our Site as well as information that you voluntarily submit may be transmitted to such third parties.
AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS -- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES' DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY CONTACTING THE COMPANY AT WWW.DISCOUNTMAGS.COM/CONTACT. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH WWW.DISCOUNTMAGS.COM/CONTACT.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
(b) Text Message Communications. If you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we will periodically send you automated text messages that directly promote the use of our Goods and Services. Your consent is not a condition of any purchase. Depending on your carrier and phone plan, message and data rates may apply. After you have opted-in to our text messaging service, we will send you a confirmation message explaining that you can opt-out by replying STOP or receive help by replying HELP. If you have opted-in to different mailing lists, your opt-out may only be valid for that specific list and you may need to send a STOP request for each list separately. We will not automatically add you to any additional lists without your consent. If you send us a text registering for a new keyword, we may consider that your express written consent. We may create a new list for each new keyword. If you are unable to opt-out via text for some reason or if you need additional help, please contact us directly, and we will assist you.
(c) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your settings within your Account or by contacting us at www.discountmags.com/contact. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives or backups. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. Your right to review, update, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law or your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
(d) Applications. You can stop all collection of information by an Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
(e) Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals. However, you may exercise your choices regarding online interest-based advertising (something called “tracking”) by opting out of many companies that facilitate this advertising on the DAA's opt-out page, http://www.aboutads.info/choices.